SEIU Healthcare PA members celebrated our past 50 years and focused on how we build power in the present and future at the 2023 Leadership Assembly!
We heard from Governor Josh Shapiro about how he will support home care and hospital workers.
We took action to hold for-profit nursing homes accountable.
We learned together and celebrated in 70s style!
We took action submit personal stories in support of the federal staffing standards proposed by President Biden, to make sure CMS hears from frontline healthcare workers rather than them just hearing from nursing home bosses.
Let’s be ready to support our union members who are fighting for fair contracts against for-profit healthcare corporations – at Regional hospital in Scranton where workers are fighting CHS, a national for-profit health system, and nursing home workers at Shenandoah Manor who are fighting to have a real health insurance benefit. Stay tuned for more info on how you can show your support!
We will all need to be ready to lead and take action to implement the resolution that our member leaders voted to approve as our core strategy over the next two years.
The key elements of our strategy are:
1) We will advocate for and in coalition with patients, residents, consumers, the public and organizations to achieve a patient centered (not profit centered) healthcare system.
2) We will educate, elect and hold accountable government officials to ensure they enact policies and legislation to improve healthcare, support unions, and build a more just world.
3) We will unite with other movements to fight for justice for all working people.
4) We will unite for strong chapters in our union workplaces.
5) We will organize more healthcare workers into our union.
I am so proud of our 50 year history as a local and look to the future to realize the goals our members adopted at our 2023 assembly!
Matt Yarnell, President SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania Reminder!
Fill out the Assembly evaluation by clicking this link. The design team for the 2023 Leadership Assembly will review the evaluations as we begin to plan for the next assembly!