COVID-19 SAFETY POLICY NOTICE: Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement. Hired candidates who are not vaccinated by the start of their employment and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment, in accordance with applicable law.
About Our Organization
SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania’s Training and Education Fund is committed to empowering frontline healthcare workers with the skills and knowledge they need to reach their individual goals and provide high-quality care. We are innovators, educators, and problem solvers with focused expertise in developing engaging content and delivering it efficiently and effectively.
At the Training and Education Fund, we are fully committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Engagement Director is responsible for promoting brand awareness with our target audience, and building and maintaining positive student/user experiences by ensuring the provision of high-quality interaction with our team and products and the delivery of effective communication strategies.
Duties include identifying efficient processes and effective customer service techniques, hiring, training, and coaching our phone center staff, overseeing the development and implementation of communications strategies, developing effective messaging, measuring outcomes and making recommendations for improvement, and working with other organizational leaders to reach our goals.
This is a full-time, exempt position based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Hire, supervise, train, and be a motivating mentor to staff.
- Deeply understand our clients/participants’ needs and preferences.
- Lead the development, implementation, and evaluation of strategic initiatives to increase student retention and engagement.
- Supervise and coach team members including communication, design, and phone center staff members.
- Work with contracted PR, web, and design support.
- Foster close, collaborative relationships with Union leaders and other stakeholders.
- Measure outcomes and implement best practices.
- Build a strong team through open communication and by collaborating on decision-making responsibilities.
- Initiate and set goals for programs based on the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Excellent communication and messaging skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strategic mindset.
- Ability to multitask.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Coaching supervision skills.
- Demonstrated skills using Salesforce or other CRM software.
- Fluency with Google and Microsoft programs.
- Excellent computer and record-keeping skills.
- Three years of experience in campaign or union communications, or bachelor’s degree in Education, Communications, Marketing, or related field is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in customer service, communications, education, or union organizing.
- A driver’s license and fully-insured car; ability to travel within Pennsylvania.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends when needed.
- Experience working for a labor union or social justice organization.
- $55,000 – $60,000
- FLSA Status: Full-Time Exempt
- Fully paid family health and welfare plan including medical, dental, eye, prescription, and short-term disability.
- Pension contribution, vested after 5 years.
- Generous PTO.
- Flexible scheduling.
- Reimbursement for travel, phone, internet.
How to Apply:
Email a copy of your cover letter, résumé, licenses, degrees, and certifications to Barbe Conrad, Director of Home Care Programs at Barbe@thetrainingfund.org.
The Training and Education Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, LGBT people, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.