Digital Communications Campaign Organizer
Pennsylvania (various locations statewide)
The Digital Communications Campaign Organizer performs a wide range of duties within the Organizing Department, including: developing organizing leads generation in targeted facilities and get campaigns started, using online tools and resources to support and expand moving campaigns and help workers win, leading experiments to develop new and effective online organizing tools, and executing additional communications and media work as necessary. Responsibilities are focused within but not limited to the digital space. This organizer is also capable of having effective in person organizing conversations and will at times move turf in critical campaigns though the primary responsibility is digital and communications.
Duties and Responsibilities
Leading effective implementation of digital organizing campaigns
- Work to create and implement short- and long-term digital strategies for leads development and engagement.
- Collaborate with other communications and organizing leadership and staff to expand existing online networks and campaigns to support organizing
- Generate opportunities to identify not-yet union members and bring them into the union.
- Follow up online leads with organizing conversations to get campaigns started
- Design and monitor all metrics, recommend changes and modifications based on metrics, document campaign strategies.
- Able to lead turf where makes sense, while primary responsibility is digital/communications
Leading Organizing digital communications
- Collaborate with the Organizing Director and other leaders and organizers in the organizing department and communications department to develop online leads development programs
- Identify and drive opportunities online that might lead to growth
- Work closely with Campaign Director and team during contested campaign in order to bring digital component to work in ways that support goals of campaign, workers winning
- Produce creative and engaging content for social media, including graphics and video.
- Utilize social media and texting programs to maximize digital list building.
- Prepare campaign informational pieces for distribution or other promotional activities.
- Collaborate with other digital organizers and campaigners
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 1-2 years of union organizing experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills plus design and layout proficiency
- Ability to edit basic video for social media use
- Strong analytical skills and comfort breaking down and attacking open-ended problems
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Strong project management skills, including ability to juggle multiple projects, organize and prioritize, and respond quickly to changes
- Sharp attention to detail and ability to manage tasks
- Desire to be a digital thought leader and influencer to the growth and culture of the union
- Comfortable with long irregular hours and travel depending on campaign
- Must be willing and able to make data-driven decisions and function in an ROI-driven environment
- Continuous test-and-learn mentality
- Focus on and commitment to growing the union and our members’ power across the state
Ability to visit with workers in their homes, assist with logistics for union events, work extended hours, and travel in state
Competitive salary package and benefits including defined benefit pension (with contributions beginning after six months employment), optional 401K type plan, and fully paid health insurance
SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, LGBT people, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply
Pennsylvania (various locations)
Send a resume and cover letter explaining your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the words “Digital Communications Campaign Organizer” in the title of your email
SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania is the largest and fastest growing union of caregivers across the continuum of healthcare. We are the nurses, professional and technical employees, direct care, and service workers in Pennsylvania’s hospitals, nursing homes, home and community based care services, and state health facilities. Together, we work to unite all nurses and healthcare workers, organize at work and in the community, drive public policy and legislation, and build a broad, strong movement for good jobs, quality care, and healthy communities across Pennsylvania.
Together, we advocate to protect patient care and expand access to quality health care for all. We fight to improve our working conditions and make sure that the healthcare industry creates more good, family sustaining jobs. We organize in our communities for racial equality and social justice. We lift each other up and create pathways for ordinary nurses and healthcare workers to become extraordinary leaders for change.
We are part of SEIU, the largest union in the country and a leader of the Fight for $15. Together, we are taking on corporate power and helping to build a wider movement for economic, racial, immigrant, and environmental justice.