SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania • Job Opportunity
Position: Data and Analytics Director
Location: Pennsylvania (various locations statewide)
SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania is looking for a Data and Analytics Director to lead the union’s data team and work across departments to ensure quality data, direct long-term planning, and lead prioritization and supervision of all technological advances and data-related projects. The Data and Analytics Director designs data processes, translates between union campaign plans and data analysis best practices, directs data team staff, and collaborates effectively with a wide array of union leaders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and supervise a cohesive team of data and analytics professionals, including a Database Administrator to ensure timely processing and tracking of membership lists and management of membership database, a Data Coordinator responsible for various tech-related projects as well as updating and maintaining the organizing database, and a Data Clerk to organize and execute data entry tasks
- Participate effectively in the officers and senior program team of the union to develop an understanding of all union campaigns and projects and bring an innovative analytical and technological perspective and tech budget analysis to the work of the union
- Collaborate with union leaders in various departments to understand their operational needs and translate those needs into actionable data plans
- Share data and communicate effectively with union staff and members with varying levels of data and technological expertise
- Work with partners and vendors on evaluating technology needs and improving data pipelines, including creating new tools and developing shared projects
- Plan for medium and long term data projects and set appropriate priorities for those projects in the context of varying day to day data demands
- Create and distribute regular analytics and reports of union activity and membership to union leadership
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years experience with CRMs required (VAN and UnionWare highly recommended)
- 5+ years experience within Excel/GoogleSheets required
- 2+ years experience with SQL required (MySQL recommended)
- Experience with supervision highly recommended, experience with supervising a team recommended
- Experience in Access/VBA highly recommended
- Experience in Google Apps Script and/or Python recommended
- Demonstrated commitment to labor movement values of social and economic justice
Union staff are expected to work long and extended hours and some travel in state may be required.
Work is generally performed in an office or remote work setting, with periodic attendance at union meetings and events required.
Union directors earn salaries in a range from $63,390 to $82,862, based on relevant experience, with step increase raises built in for longevity plus across the board or cost or living raises. Benefits including defined benefit pension (with contributions beginning after six months employment), optional 401K type plan, and fully paid health insurance.
SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, LGBT people, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pennsylvania (various locations)
Please send a resume and cover letter explaining your interest to email@example.com.
Please include the words DATA AND ANALYTICS DIRECTOR in the title of your email.
SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania is the largest and fastest growing union of caregivers across the continuum of healthcare. We are the nurses, professional and technical employees, direct care, and service workers in Pennsylvania’s hospitals, nursing homes, home and community based care services, and state health facilities. Together, we work to unite all nurses and healthcare workers, organize at work and in the community, drive public policy and legislation, and build a broad, strong movement for good jobs, quality care, and healthy communities across Pennsylvania. We advocate to protect patient care and expand access to quality health care for all. We fight to improve our working conditions and make sure that the healthcare industry creates more good, family sustaining jobs. We organize in our communities for racial equality and social justice. We lift each other up and create pathways for ordinary nurses and healthcare workers to become extraordinary leaders for change. We are part of SEIU, the largest union in the country and a leader of the Fight for $15. Together, we are taking on corporate power and helping to build a wider movement for economic, racial, immigrant, and environmental justice.