COVID-19 SAFETY POLICY NOTICE: Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement. Hired candidates who are not vaccinated by the start of their employment and who have not been approved for a legally required medical or religious accommodation will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment, in accordance with applicable law.
Position: Campaign Communications Specialist
Location: Based in Pennsylvania
Role: The Campaign Communications Specialist develops messaging and communications tools and coordinates paid, earned, and social media in support of healthcare workers’ organizing and issue advocacy campaigns to advance the agenda for workers in hospitals, nursing homes, and home care.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Campaign Communications Specialist performs a wide range of duties, collaborating with healthcare workers, union officers, campaign leaders, organizers, and other staff to develop and implement effective communication strategies and tools.
Core responsibilities include:
- Coordinates with colleagues to craft campaign messages that will resonate with different audiences.
- Implements strategy and tactics to generate positive media coverage of the union’s members, goals, and campaigns.
- Plans and coordinates media events.
- Supports, trains, and prepares workers to be effective spokespersons.
- Produces worksite and community leaflets, newsletters, and brochures, as well as creates content for digital and social media platforms.
- Uses digital tools to engage a variety of audiences to advance campaign goals.
- Performs other duties as required to support the work of the union.
- A demonstrated passion for social and economic justice.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with managing social media and other digital engagement tools
- Ability to take creative direction, juggle multiple simultaneous projects and effectively manage competing priorities.
- Experience with graphic design, photography, and/or creating or editing videos is a plus.
- Experience in communications, digital organizing, and/or labor organizing is preferred.
- Work is generally performed in a home or office setting with periodic attendance at union actions and events required. Will require flexible and extended hours. In-state travel may be required.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle as needed for travel. Travel is reimbursed under IRS mileage reimbursement rate.
- Applicants need to show proof of Covid-19 vaccination as per applicable laws.
- Experienced-based salary scale with steps after years of service – $56,000 to $76,000 – as starting rate based on relevant years of experience.
- Competitive benefits include defined benefit pension (with contributions beginning after six months employment), optional 401K-type plan, and fully employer-paid health insurance.
Equal Opportunity: SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, LGBT people, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Please send a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and design sample (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the words COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST in the title of your email.
SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania unites 35,000 nurses and healthcare workers across the continuum of care. We are the nurses, professional and technical employees, direct care and service workers who work in Pennsylvania’s hospitals, nursing homes, home- and community-based services, and state health facilities. Together, we work to unite all nurses and healthcare workers, organize at work and in the community, drive public policy and legislation, and build a broad, strong movement for good jobs, quality care, and healthy communities across Pennsylvania.